Long Island Coalition for Life Educational Trust
The goal of the LICL EDUCATIONAL TRUST FUND is to improve and further personal and social awareness and responsibility for human life, particularly such vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and classes as children (before as well as after birth), the elderly, and those with special needs.
Some of the ways the EDUCATIONAL TRUST meets these goals is to engage in educational, charitable, and scientific activities:
- To educate the public on right to life and bioethical issues such as abortion, human experimentation, genetic engineering, and euthanasia
- To instruct interested citizens in effective pro-life communications
- To promote enlightened care and assistance for those facing an untimely pregnancy
Visit the LICL Educational Trust website: www.prolifeED.org
The Educational Trust, established in 2006, generally undertakes public awareness campaigns. In addition, the Trust has sponsors an Oratory Contest for Junior and Senior high school students.
Our projects, some of which are pictured on this page, include:
- Kiosk at South Shore mall (Bay Shore) and Sunrise mall (Massapequa) for about 4½ years
- Aerial banner flying over LI north shore and south shore beaches in the summer
- Oratory Contest for junior & senior high school students
- Ads on benches at bus stops.
- Ads on billboards at bus stops
- Radio ads
- Ads on Cablevision TV
- Insert pro-life magazines in various newspapers (college, local weeklies, Catholic Spanish paper)
- Educational seminars on defending and articulating the pro-life message
- Banners on fences around high school athletic fields
- High School Scholarship Award
2023 ORATORY CONTEST for High School Seniors
March 25th, 2023
Application and Information [download]
Deadline to receive application / written speech is February 20th, 2023.
2023 HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD - Application & Information [download]
Deadline June 15th, 2023
The LI Coalition for Life Educational Trust is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
ORATORY CONTEST SPEECHES
2014 - "The Cruel Truth of Mercy Killing" [N DiBartolo]
2015 - "The Ongoing Massacre" [C Honor]
2015 - Pro-Life Speech [K Jenkins]
2016 - "Women, Don't Believe the Lie" [C Bennett]
2016 - "Integrity" [S Soriano]
2016 - "The Rights of An Unborn Child" [K Kennedy]
2017 - "The Voice of the Victims" [M Fantz]
2018 - "Abortion: A Calamity of the Greatest Magnitude" [G Copoulos]